View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Iko

re: RIDERS OF ROHAN - new expansion

http://www.lotro.com/news/pressreleases/1736-warner-bros-interactive-entertainment-and-turbine-unveil-the-lord-of-the-rings-online-riders-of-rohan?lang=en_US

Mounted combat, new area twice as big as dunland, mounted combat, cap increased to lvl 85. Discuss.

Imho the level cap increase wasn't needed, 5 lvl increase would be enough.

Last edited by Mr. Iko on Jan. 25th, 2012 9:16; edited 1 time in total
Ladinia
officer

another lvl cap!!!! you'e got to be kidding me.... when is this coming anyway? i can't keep up with all this lvl! :p

They would do far better increasing the content at 75 than increasing the cap again. Thic is too soon.
Mr. Iko

RoR will be released fall this year, they have also said that a new area is coming soon ( free to VIPS). They call it shores of Great River.
Senarandir
officer

New area soon = I like that. But level cap increase is ridiculous. Why, so we can only have one raid again at level cap to keep us busy, to grind for gear all over again... Bah. Mounted combat and more 75 content is what I think should be done.

i agree this lvl cap is way too soon.... just more raids etc like seb said. tons of runs again for gear great...

Now a steed grind to add to the armour/jewelry/weap. Cool ... maybe. Mounted combat in my opinion is so class specific that methinks it will be nothing special for a tank, mini, hunter, LM, RK, burg other than you are on a horse. I find that nothing special if that's the case. I also wonder if abilities will be diminished while mounted and how necessary it will be for instances. IMO, more instances to choose from would be appealing instead.
This soon again for a lvl cap is almost rediculous. When they do have one I agree with 10 lvls, but at least have enough content for it straight away.
Mr. Iko

More info here http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/25/riding-into-rohan-lotro-maps-out-2012
NUKEBORN petran

re: rohan

looking forward for something new with new concepts.
eriodir

Are they joking ? We will love the idea of new expansions ? every year ?! did they think prior to saying the words doom of mordor in 2016 :X How in hell are we supposed to keep up with this pace + nothing said about the PvMP side of the game which will result in even more PvMP players leaving for good ... good riddens u have a mount and u can battle with it ... WHO CARES?! Couldn't they just think a bit more give us rohan as an update to RoI and even then have a expansion with helm's deep this year... i like the notion that they gonna focus on smaller updates all year long to include new content ... but a new expansion every year ./... are they racing with WoW or smth i cant get it ... Turbine needed to do only a coup of things this year anddo them right: 1.Get better in-game staff
2.Release more instances and content to RoI
3.Improove their already exisiting content
4.Take a note on PvMP
Thats it ... instead they just decide to not only release new contnet but increase the cap as well ... i wonder how are the people who havent even catched up with RoI look at that :X ih u have 1 char thats ok but damn if u have 4+ that means 40 and more lvls to gain ... i hope codemasters find a way to take hold of the game again cause this isnt looking good at all my rpediction about RoR is a lot of life time players leaving for a while and a lot of kids joining.
Thank you for your time
Eriodir

A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.
Kerander

Whilst i am looking forward to this cant help but think they are rushing us through middle-earth. Ranther than lots of new places quickly i would like to see the current content and areas used to their full extent. There are vast areas or current stuff that looks good but isnt used, for example, we have a massive dungeon in mirkwood that wile it has a few good instances in it (SG anyone? :P) doesnt have nearly as much too it as i would like, so rather than bring out a whole new place, fill the ones we have with instances and raids.
Also the level cap is really not necessary imo, we could stay at 75 for atleast another year, i'm getting tired of just sorting out 1 new armour set only to find that it's no good cos of the new lvl and new sets.
I dont want to sound like an old grump, I do love this game and want to fight on my horsie but i hate to see new things rushed out when their is some much we could currently explore and expand on Happy
Chret

Naah, why the doom and gloom? Same on the ever depressing general forum on lotro website :-).

Come what may, I respect if many are upset/worried/something, but I´m here for the fun and ride, and lvling is part of the fun for me. Anyways, to each his own, I´m off on my Giant Horsie charging Barad-Dur :-)
Mr. Iko

Lots of whining I see... If Turbine makes update every 2 years people say that they'll propably get to Mordor in 2054 but if they make it every year people say that updates are made too quickly. So now you propably know why Turbine doesn't take everything what people say into account.
Senarandir
officer

I like the news Happy just the level cap raise bothers me a bit because I know all the raids we can do now will be made useless again, same with armor and LI. So basically Orthanc will have been main endgame raid for 9 months, whereas for example watcher and DN were decent end game content for like 3 years or something. I liked that, lots of different instances to do Happy

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum