View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebrendel
officer

re: Phortolds, passing.

I am sorry to be the bringer of bad news to you all, however at 7.59am gmt Ian passed away. All family were present and he didnt suffer.

As some of you may know Ians character Phortold and others were loved and respected by the lotro community. well most. He was guild leader from the start , and those early people know that he suffered from menners disease, eventually, this stopped his breathing saturday night, unfortunately this caused massive brain damage and a , eventually with symptons caused a massive cardiac episode, he,d been on life support, but after yesterdays eeg results it was decided to remove that support in the early hours. After removal he battled for 4 hours , but eventually passed away. He will be missed by family and friends, special thankyou to Dominic and Alex for giving him a chance to survive, and for brightening his last years of life,.he was proud of you both.

Will miss you brother and friend, my captain through Moria and Angmar, Renny/Kevin.

Ladinia
officer

re: Ian

Hey kev and dom, i've heard yesterday and i can't believe he's gone.... I am so sorry for your loss and i wish you a lot of strength. The community and everyone he knew will def miss him and this news was very sad to hear... I wasnt having much fun i lotro bk then as my old kin died even tho i tried to safe it. Many left And joined other kins. Tim kept talking to me how amazing the kin edges was. I joined with my main where on that moment kev was the leader but soon after i joined ian came back and i never felt myself so much home then i did in edges. The many videos of us raiding i made will stay proof of how great this kin was. For me it was a family and Ian was the one giving that feeling so thank you for making me feel home the years i've been in edges. Atm i am lost for words to say a lot about this but no words are good enough to describe how amazing Ian was... I can't speak for others but i will toast on him and think of all the good memories i shares during edges and i feel honoured to have known him. RIp Ian and he will always have a place in my heart :). Cheers to an amazing , sweet, caring, way too soon gone man like Ian. Farewell dear friend...Big hugs to the whole family and support and strength aswell to domdom and hid brother.... Love Cindy.

Last edited by Ladinia on Jan. 29th, 2015 6:29; edited 1 time in total

Dom, Kev and family,

I am so sad at this dreadful news. My heartfelt condolences to you all at this time. 

Ian was the heart and soul of this kin and he and it were my main reasons for playing on so long. He opened his kin up to a handful of stragglers (Cindy, Seb, Paddy, Sal, Lue, Cano, myself and numerous others) when our old kin became too small to raid and forged us into something that could enjoy the game at a much higher level. I got so much pleasure out of the strategy sessions we used to have, often at the oddest of times when neither of us could sleep. 

I sometimes think I miss the game, but it's never really the game I miss. It's the camaraderie Ian engendered in EoI and his calming presence as leader.

Farewell Ian. Thank you for all the great and happy times. I've missed gaming with you for a long while now but it's heartbreaking to know I'll not meet you in another kin in the future.

Dave (Forky)
Hacher
-= Lue =-
officer

I was deeply saddened by the news of Ian's passing. My heart felt condolences to you and your family.

Ian was a great leader and an a amazing personality, I and many others had the privilege to share that and be part of a community that will always hold fond memory's for me.

I raise my glass to our fallen leader.

Tim (Lue)

Is it just me or is it working as intended?
Senarandir
officer

Very sad news to hear. My condolences to you and the entire family. I cannot imagine how hard this must be on all of you.

I don't know where to begin to describe what a fantastic impression Ian left on me. In 2011, our old kin fell apart because people were on breaks and we became too small. A few of us (Forky mentioned them) were struggling and wandering around for a while, a bit lost and not knowing where to go. Then Cindy, Tim and Cano were boasting about this amazing kin they had got in, convincing us to join as well. And so we did, and I will never forget the immediate sense of belonging I experienced when Ian invited and welcomed us. A week later we were having laughs on TS and raiding as if we had never done anything else. When Ian stopped playing, it was never the same and lotro’s “glory days”, at least for me, came to an end.

I will cherish the memories of EoI forever. Ian, you are what every leader should be, calm, kind, honest, caring and a hell of a lot of fun. Thank you for the laughs, the friendship, the trust, the help and the good talks. I salute you, with the pink hat you used to make so much fun of. All the best for your final journey man. 

Seb

Words are hard to come by at this moment. Met Ian when I was new in Lotro 2009, in WotV. So he was my oldest lotro friend, and we shared many a good moment in Moria and onwards. My best times with him was with Waroth, in our small raidgroup, during 2010-2011. He then convinced me to join Edges after I got burnt out in Riddles. And Edges was my 2nd coming so to speak, where it was fun to play lotro again.

My biggest regret is that I never did what Waroth/Riccardo did, to actually visit Ian IRL. 

And I was so happy when he popped back in lotro for a short time, one day in dec.

Anyways, life is not fair, the best pass to merrier pastures far to early. We will meet again Ian, one day, when my time is up. Then we can share old memories and do the odd GS......

May your star forever shine upon England´s green and pleasant land.

Essimorko
Essimorko

I am very sad to hear this too. I wish strenght to Kevin, Dom and family. Ian was great leader in deed and well hearted guy.  Memory of him will stay with me forever.

Essimorko

Ladinia
officer

to dom and kev and family,

I seem to be playing messenger but ppl like maiki, petros, andreas, bora/mause and many others from the kin that didn't respond here asked me to send their condolences to the whole family and wishing you strength to get trough this.

It seems really hard for me to put into words how much Phor/Ian impacted me during the time I've known him, he took me in when I was just a mere naive (all be it innocent) kid and taught me so much throughout the years, I feel truly honoured to have known him and I just wished we had more time to talk about all the good times and the endless amount of things that i'll be eternally grateful for. There's no question in my mind that he was an amazing guy that dedicated so much to us as a kin leader and I could have never asked for a better leader. 

Thinking back on all the memories gives me both happiness and great sadness that he won't be able to share them anymore but i'm sure he's laughing at me right now and giving me one of his usual witty remarks. 

I'll miss you Ian and wish you could keep looking out for me like you always did on the game , you'll forever be that leader I always wanted to be , that friendly guy I could always talk to at ridiculous times of the night and no matter the age difference between us I feel proud to call you a friend. 

You can finally take time to train on beating me in spars now ! We'll settle it one day, my friend.

Lanchigil

I feel as I was the lucky one because I was new in the kinship but I had time to roll on the floor laughing with his company.He was a true leader and a true warrior in real life.I will cherish all the moments I had with his raiding.It was a blast...rest in piece Ian.Thanks Cindy for the message.

Hello Friends

Apologies for invading your kin site like this, but we wanted to pass on the condolences of Wisdom of the Valar on Ian's passing.  We were lucky enough to have Phorlas (and his numerous alts) as a Council Member and key kinsman for a number of years, and we are feeling his loss deeply and thinking of Dom at the moment.  He was certainly one of the most affable, enthusiastic and welcoming kinnies we could hope to have known.

It has been very moving reading the tributes on your page.  We have opened our own memorial for Ian, and we hope to be able to collate the messages there for Dom at some point in the future and when kinnies have come to terms with this news.  You are welcome to read them - http://www.wisdomofthevalar.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5562

It is a sad, sad time when this happens.  Thankfully not too often, but without fail he has made a fantastic and lasting impression on the LOTRO community, and was certainly instrumental in ensuring the survival of our own kin to this day.

Yours, with sad solidarity and very best memories,

WotV

Chift

That was sad news indeed. He was one of the best guys i knew.

re: Dad

Hi, my name is Dom for all who know me, i am Ians son 

I would like to say thank you for all of your lovely comments and memories of my dad is means a lot to refresh mu mind of all of these and i am glad to see that my dad was a very respected man :)

for me, my dad was the best man i knew as even with his illness he still managed to provide a house,food and so much and he taught me a great deal about being strong but also about being kind and that still lives on.

I will never forget what he has done and how proud of him i am.

so thank you all

TO IAN !!!!!!!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Edges of insanity Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum