View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatherDonkey

re: Lootbox Weekend

Hello all.

This weekend (18.01-22.01) is 'Lootbox Weekend' in LOTRO, which means the droprates of lootboxes and steel-keys are increased.

I have not seen anything about an increase for creeps as well, but I see no reason why it shouldn't be the same for them. Could be a nice opportunity for your creep to get some 'Sigils of Battle' which are used to barter for new appearances (and, if I'm not mistaken, certain skills).

In any case, this is a good reason to do some slayer-deeds (especially level 80+ mobs). And if you do get some level 80+ lootboxes (Riddermark-bound lootbox, I believe they are called), I recommend saving them for a little while.

The reason behind this is that at the moment, the only good things you can get from the lootbox are stat-tomes (and mounts/cosmetics if you're into that). However, when the new raids come out in February, 1st age symbol will be added to the game. Last year, these symbols were also added to the lootboxes, and if we're lucky, they will be this time around as well.
And if you don't feel lucky enough to win a symbol yourself, the boxes should fetch quite a lot of gold on the AH (I remember boxes going for 150-200 gold at times).

Keep in mind that this is pure speculation though.
RatherDonkey

Here is a link to screenshots of the creep-appearances.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?494250-All-Creep-Appearances-%28Ranks-and-Sigils%29
Ladinia
officer

fen really is our up to date guy and knows everything Happy. thank you fenny =Happy

If and when 1st age symbols or any other stuff will get added to the lootboxes , it will be added to the ones droping after update , u won't find them in the already dropped ones , unless they say so and make the change happen (which in my experience isn't the case since they are so damn lazy). Still , a nice post Fen , gz.

I was thinking the same, Roa. You can still sell them for a ton of cash though, if people think there are symbols in them ;)

I have 5 boxes waiting in my vault already, and hope to get some more during the weekend Happy
Roatrux
officer

Yep agreed , u can always make nice profit by taking advantage of what the others don't know and yes they will sell for about 100-300g a piece. Still , its just gold. Happy

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum