View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatherDonkey

re: Hytbold dailies

Here it is, lads and ladies, the new LOTRO grind.
A bit more inventive than previous grinds, and should be quite enjoyable, although lengthy.

In short:

When you reach level 84, you will get a letter telling you to go to Hytbold. I recommend doing this immediatly, even if you haven't completed the other quests, as it will take you a minimum of 44 days to complete the rebuilding of Hytbold (not including acquiring the new gear, which means it will take even longer).

You can only do 5 dailies each day and for each daily, you get 5 Hytbold tokens for a total of 25.
The tokens allow you to complete quests in Hytbold which rebuilds the city. However, the tokens are also used to purchase the new endgame gear (for a cost of 15 and 35 tokens per piece), so you need to decide how to spend the tokens.

Although it doesn't say so on the gear itself, each piece requires you to complete a certain quest in Hytbold. Which quest you need to complete is stated when hovering the cursor over the 'Barter' button.

I suggest everyone reads this post as it contains info on what each of the Hytbold quests unlock and which quests you need to do to get the gear for your class.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?482751-Hytbold-A-Guide-to-Rebuilding-and-Armour&p=6462876

Last edited by RatherDonkey on Oct. 19th, 2012 4:25; edited 1 time in total
RatherDonkey

Keep in mind that the level 85 Hytbold armour-set isn't much better than the level 75 ToO armour-set, and you can get by fine with the ToO set given the current content (which is leveling and skirmish raids).

On the same note, a level 85 Second Age weapon with 3 crystals doesn't have much more dps than a 75 First Age weapon, and considering you have more points to spend on a FA weapon, you might be better off using this for a while.

New instances (along with First Age symbols) are expected to be released in December, so we have about 2 months to get the new gear before it will be outdated again ;)
Senarandir
officer

Yeah I don't like the new sets that much, but I guess I'll get them anyway Happy. Thanks for all the info!

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum